Sunday, March 25, 2012

Haiku and Haiga Poetry and Art

The white and purple crocus are the first to bloom in my New England garden. That's my signal to start Haiku poetry with my students. The little crocus flowers look very fragile, but they're strong enough to poke their heads above wintry snowfalls in March. The images in this packet are my original drawings and photos. Websites are given so that students have a visual of modern day Haiku and Haiga.  Instructions are given. These make lovely class displays to welcome spring. Click on the image to download this free lesson.

haiga, poetry, student worksheet, poems, ruth s, nature,

5 comments:

  1. Love the new look of your blog, how beautiful, Ruth! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog design... it's soooo pretty!!!

    Addie
    Teacher Talk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love haiku. I have nominated you for an award. Come claim it.
    http://kimberlycollingwood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you so much Kimberly! So sorry I didn't reply sooner!! I didn't realize that there were unpublished comments and just found the today! I'm going to stop by your blog and say hi. I really appreciate your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addie Thank you so much! I'm soooo happy with my new design! I'm glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete