Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!


Today is Thanksgiving but it seems more like Christmas with the blustery, bone-chilling winds we're having. I was out on the deck with our two dachshunds, Frederick and Jeffrey, when suddenly there was a loud crack and part of a tree fell near our stream out back. This brought back recent memories of the trees snapping during the wild unusual storm that left hundreds of thousands without power for a week or more. At that moment I was thankful that we didn't lose power for even an hour. Many thanks to our tiny electric company! 

I think back to the earliest colonists along the shores of New England and can't imagine how they survived. No electricity, no cell phones, no paved roads, nothing. Many of them in our area survived their first winter living in abandoned Native American huts and accepting food from them. And the people who lost power during the last storm were outraged because they lost power for days or a week? Hmmm.. They would have never survived the first winter. I think we take a lot for granted these days.. Our freedom, our comfortable lives... 

There's so much that I'm thankful for but if I even began sharing it with you, it would end up being a 200 page novel! So therefore, I'm sending you the warmest of Thanksgiving Wishes.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful day! 

Ruth

Frederick(forefront) and Jeffrey in last year's record snowfalls!

Our Soccer Stars

This was taken just as the sun was setting after a week of snowfall. The blue snow! It reminds me of the moon. Six O'Clock Evening NEWS reports that two Dachshunds made history as they're the first dogs to explore the moon. I sent it in to a local station and they posted it!



No comments:

Post a Comment