Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Book Review of Eric Carle's New Book "The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse"

It's a great honor to be a guest author on Teacher2Teacher. Most of you don't know it, but I've been an avid writer all of my life.  My passion .. teaching kids to write!!

I also love nothing better than reading to kids because I take on the persona, accent or whatever else is within a story and act it out as I read it.

I was retained by NASA as an author in 2009, which was a dream come true! With the budget cuts to NASA it's doubtful that the program I write for will continue to exist or will be cut back drastically.

When I first came across Eric Carle's new book, The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse
it instantly brought back vivid memories of reading one of his first picture books "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to my students. The plump ,bright green caterpillar with its red head is still vivid in my mind.

When you get to the site where my book review is, take a few minutes to watch Mr. Carle, as he explains why he wrote the story, a very inspiring event. Also watch as he creates the horse using his famous paper collage methods.

Many links are included, one of which is a Eric Carle page that is all about ladybugs and things that teachers can do with their kids in the classroom.

Enjoy!
Click on the image to see my Carle review

Eric Carle, The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse, primary, picture books

No comments:

Post a Comment